Cemeteries provide an opportunity for your loved one to have a permanent memorial in a peaceful, serene setting. Our community has many beautiful resting places. While there are countless options across the Chicagoland area, here are a few in our local community:
Bluff City Cemetery – 945 Bluff City Blvd, Elgin
Owned and operated by the City of Elgin, Bluff City Cemetery is a nonsectarian cemetery that has provided the final resting place for area residents since 1889. Bluff City Cemetery’s 108-acres of well maintained grounds, a bordering fen and butterfly garden provide a beautiful and peaceful setting for visitors to remember loved ones.
Dundee Township Cemetery – East – 420 Dundee Ave, Dundee
Started in 1890, the Dundee Township East Cemetery is located in East Dundee at the corner of Route 72 and Route 25. The cemetery has 51 acres of gently rolling land. The cemetery offers a variety of burial options including its new Columbaria Garden that provides an above ground option for the interment of cremated remains. The Columbaria Garden is set in a prairie with native trees and plants making it a tranquil area.
Lakewood Memorial Park – 30W730 US Highway 20, Elgin
Established in 1930, Lakewood Memorial Park consists of 100 wooded acres. Lakewood has been privately owned and operated since 1981 by the same, family-owned company.
Mt. Hope Cemetery – 1001 East Villa St., Elgin
Mount Hope Cemetery became a cemetery of the Diocese of Rockford in 1908, the same year the Diocese of Rockford was incorporated. Mount Hope Cemetery’s total acreage is approximately 16 acres. It offers grave spaces, garden mausoleum spaces, niche spaces, cremation graves, and graves with vaults already placed, (two burials, two vaults, one space.) The cemetery’s rolling hills are found on the far east side of Elgin, in Cook County. Cemetery Committal Services can be arranged either graveside or in the beautiful Chapel that is on the cemetery grounds.
River Valley Memorial Gardens – 14N689 Route 31, West Dundee
The River Valley Memorial Gardens and the Holy Sepulchre Catholic Cemetery were established in 1961 by the late Joseph F. Estes, president of Haeger Industries, Inc. Bishop Loras Lane of the Rockford Diocese consecrated the Holy Sepulchre Cemetery grounds. The Holy Sepulchre Cemetery is one of only two Rockford Diocese Cemeteries in the Elgin Deanery and has provided caring service to the Catholic families in the area for more than 50 years.
Call our friendly staff anytime at (847)741-1128 for assistance in choosing a final resting place for yourself or your loved one.